Fare type eligibility
Your child's age at the date of departure for each flight on your journey determines whether or not they are eligible for an infant or child fare.
- Infant fare: From 8 days until 2nd birthday
- Child fare: From 2 to 11 years
- Adult fare: From 12 years and older
For details on infant fare baggage allowance, please click here. Note that children and infants travelling on a 'child fare' are eligible for the same baggage allowance as adults.
Onboard infant and child services
- Bassinet seats - Qatar Airways provides bassinets for infants. Please contact your nearest Qatar Airways office to request bassinet seats. Note that bassinets are not available in the First Class cabin on board the Airbus 380 and on board the Airbus 319 aircraft; infants will need to be seated on an adult's lap.
- Activity packs are provided, depending on the length of the flight. Soft toys are available for infants.
- In-flight entertainment includes childrens' favourites to help your little ones enjoy the flight.
- For more information on our onboard services for infants and children, please click here.
- Children may experience pains in their ears, especially during the landing phase of the flight. For this, it is helpful to provide a bottle for infants or gum for children, as this will help equalise the pressure in their ears. Our cabin crew will do everything possible to help families and their children fly comfortably.
- If you are planning to stay longer in a foreign country for any meaningful length of time, we recommend that you contact a health clinic or pediatrician to be aware of your child's immunisation/vaccination schedule in advance. Always carry the baby or child's passport and/or birth certificate when traveling abroad.